AIIMS 2020: MBBS Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam will be managed by the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi. It is a national level exam held every year. Through this exam, candidates are provided admission into MBBS programme. Admission will be provided to the qualifying candidates in various AIIMS Institutes located at New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Guntur, Patna, Raipur and Bhubaneshwar. Candidates have to register for admission through the PAAR registration facility. Candidates must check this article for updated details such as dates, application form, eligibility criteria, and much more regarding AIIMS 2020.
AIIMS 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates must check the following table to know AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Dates:
|Basic registration starts (PAAR) for MBBS 2020||4th week of November 2019|
|Closing date for basic registration||2nd week of January 2020|
|Status update of basic registration (accepted or not accepted)||2ndweek of January 2020|
|Correction of deficiency in basic registration (if not accepted)||3rd week of January 2020|
|Final status of basic registration||4thweek of January 2020|
|Code generation of final registration||4th week of January 2020|
|Last date for code generation||3rd week of February 2020|
|Final registration (fee payment)||4th week of February 2020|
|Last date for Final registration||2nd week of March 2020|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of May 2020|
|AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam||4th week of May 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2020|
|First counselling||1st week of July 2020|
|Second counselling||1st week of August 2020|
|Third counselling||1st week of September 2020|
|Open counselling (if required)||4th week of September 2020|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
Candidates must go through below details to know about AIIMS 2020 Application Form:
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form will be filled through online mode.
- The application process will commence from last week of November 2019.
- Candidates must fill complete details as incomplete application forms will get rejected.
- The Registration will be done according to PAAR facility which will consist of two stages – Basic registration and final registration.
- In the Basic registration, candidates have to fill their basic details & upload the images as per prescribed format.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- After completing basic registration, students whose registration will get accepted successfully have to further proceed for code generation step.
- In the final registration step, candidates are required to remaining details of form and make application fee payment.
- There will be no need to send any hard copy of application form via offline mode to the authority.
- Candidates are advised to keep the registration slip safely until the completion of admission procedure.
Candidates have to submit the application fee in final registration step.
Mode of payment: Application Fee can be paid through online gateway through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
The payment according to different categories is discussed below:
|OBC (Creamy & Non – Creamy layer)||Rs.1500/-|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||Rs.1200/-|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Rs.1200/-|
AIIMS 2020 Application Correction
Candidates will be able to correct details and images when the board will open the application correction window. The application window will open in the third week of January 2020 after the application process will get over. Students will be able to correct details through online mode.
Students will be able to make correction in the below details:
- Details like Father’s and Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Marital status, etc can be corrected.
- Incorrect uploaded images can be corrected by re-uploading images.
Complete information regarding the editable and non editable fields will be informed by the Board through notification.
AIIMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following details to know AIIMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- The age of a candidate should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2020
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The students who will appear for the 10+2 exam with given subjects in the year 2020 can also apply.
- The candidates need to score at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWBD) aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- All Indian nationals are eligible to appear for this exam
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non Resident Indians (NRI) will be required to submit the proof of registration as OCI/NRI in order to appear for the exam.
- Foreign Nationals nominated by the government of India can apply for AIIMS, New Delhi only. Such candidates need not to appear for the AIIMS 2020 entrance exam.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the below details related to AIIMS 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam will be conducted through online (Computer-based) mode.
- Duration: The exam duration will be of 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Total No. of Questions: Question paper will consist of total 200 questions.
- Medium: Question paper will be either in English or Hindi language.
- Marking: Each correct answer will award 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Distribution of no. of questions for various sections is described below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Logical thinking||10|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Syllabus
he institute will not prescribe any syllabus for AIIIMS 2020 exam. The standard or difficulty level of entrance exam will be similar to that of class 12th/ intermediate science. The important topics from each subject are mentioned below:
- Physics: Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Laws of Motion, Properties of Bulk Matter, Gravitation, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electronic Devices etc.
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Structural Organization in general-knowledge Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Ecology and environment, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare, Human physiology etc.
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Some p-Block Elements, Hydrogen, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Halo alkenes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers etc.
- General Knowledge: Current affairs, Science, Books and Authors, History and Geography, Business, Awards and prizes, Awards and prizes etc.
AIIMS 2020 Admit Card
AIIMS 2020 Admit Card will be released through online mode for all eligible candidates. It will be made available by third week of May 2020. No candidate will receive any printed copy of admit card through post. Candidates will have to login by entering their User ID & Password to download the admit card.
The admit card will contain details like candidates name, category, exam date & venue etc. Admit card is necessary document to be carried at the examination venue. No candidates will be allowed to give exam without showing their admit card & valid Id proof (Aadhar card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Driving License etc.).
AIIMS 2020 Answer Key
AIIMS 2020 Answer Key will be released through online mode after the completion of entrance test. Through the answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks in AIIMS MBBS 2020.
The answer key will be also released by the various coaching institutions for AIIMS MBBS. It will comprise of all the correct answers of the questions asked in the question paper.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Cut Off
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Cut Off will be released through online mode by AIIMS, New Delhi. Cut-off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to score to qualify the entrance examination.
The minimum cut off for different categories is given below:
|OBC – NCL||45%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40%|
AIIMS 2020 Result
AIIMS 2020 Result will be declared through online mode. It will be published in the second week of June 2020. Candidates will have to login by entering their ID, Password & code to check their result.
The result will be published in the form of Raw Scores, Percentages, sectional percentile & total percentile. Also merit list will be released by the board to shortlist category wise eligible candidates. An overall merit list will be prepared by merging percentile score of total marks scored in both the shifts.
AIIMS 2020 Counselling
AIIMS 2020 Counselling will be organized by first week of July 2020. It will be organized through online mode. Students who will get qualified in the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam will only be eligible to participate in the counselling round.
At the time of counselling, candidates will have to fill their college choices as per their preferences. Also, students have to bring their counselling letter, required documents & have to pay the admission fee to confirm their admission.
Recommended Books for AIIMS 2020
The first book which the candidates should follow for starting their preparation is NCERT. After going through NCERT, the applicants should follow other recommended help books as mentioned below:
- For Physics: Concepts of Physics by H.C Verma, Concept of Competition Physics – Agarwal
- For Chemistry: Organic Chemistry by Paul Bruice, Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd, Inorganic Chemisty by J.D. Lee
- For Biology: Objective Biology by Dinesh, Trueman’s Biology – Volume 1 and 2, AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford)