JEE Advanced 2017: Registration, Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, IIT Syllabus
JEE Advanced is the popular examination conducted by the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). For the year 2017, JEE Advanced will be conducted by IIT Madras. It is a national level examination through which admission to B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science & Pharmacy is provided in IITs and ISM. This examination is open for Indian national as well as for foreign national candidates. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The candidates can attempt this examination two consecutive times. After declaring JEE Main 2017 result on 27th April, it is clear that top 2,20000 candidates are eligible for Advanced exam. Candidates may get the details about JEE Advanced 2017 including registration, application form, eligibility, exam dates, syllabus and rank list.
JEE Advanced 2017 Notification – Registration Open
JEE Advanced 2017 registration has been started now (on 28th April)
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Dates
JEE Advanced 2017 all important dates have been released. Exam will be conducted by IIT Madras on 21st May 2017.
After completion of JEE Main 2017 exam, the online registration for JEE Advanced 2017 will be started. Given dates are actual as on official announcement of IIT JEE exam dates:
Latest Application Forms Available
- Apply online for B.Tech from Manav Rachna University, Haryana.
- Apply online for B.Tech from LPU University, Punjab.
- Apply online for B.Tech from Chandigarh University, Mohali.
- Apply online for B.Tech from Avantika University, Ujjain.
- Apply online for B.Tech from Symbiosis University, Indore.
|JEE Main 2017 (Offline Exam)||2nd April 2017|
|Jee Main 2017 Result Declaration||27th April 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration date||28th April 2017|
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration close||2nd May, 2017|
|Registration with late fee||02-05-2017, after 17:00 IST to
04-05-2017, 17:00 IST
|Admit Card Downloading Starts from||10th – 21st May, 2017|
|JEE Advanced (Paper-1 and Paper-2)||21st May, 2017 (9 – 12 PM & 2 – 5 PM)|
|Online display of ORS and scanned responses||31st May to 3rd June 2017|
|Display of Answer Keys||4th June, 2017|
|Collecting candidate’s feedback on answer keys||4th – 6th June, 2017|
|Result Declared on||11th June, 2017|
|Date for the online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||11th – 12th June, 2017|
|Exam date for Architecture Aptitude Test||14th June, 2017|
|AAT Result Announcement Date||18th June, 2017|
|Seat Allotment Starts from||19th June to 18th July, 2017|
JEE Advanced exam dates for the session 2017-2018 has been updated as per official notification.
JEE Advanced 2017 Registration
- The candidates can register themselves through the online portal of JEE Advanced.
- The JEE Advanced 2017 registration began from 28th April 2017.
- Registration will be live till 2nd May 2017 (5:00 pm).
- With late fee, it can be applied till 4th May 2017 (5:00 pm).
- Before applying, the candidates have to create his/her account and register themselves and then fill the application form.
- The candidates will get the login details (ID and Password).
- Secure the login details till the admission done.
The details about the registration fee is given below, The late fee for indian are 500/- Rs. and for foreigners is USD 80.
|Examination Centres in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs 1200/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs 1200/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs 2400/-|
|Examination Centre Outside India|
|All Candidates||USD 135 (For SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||USD 270 (For Non-SAARC Countries)|
IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for JEE Advanced 2017. The eligibility conditions that should be satisfied by the candidates are as follows:
- Performance in Class XII: Candidate appearing for JEE Advanced 2017 has to score minimum 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) & 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in 12th or equivalent class. OR
- Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
- If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2016, but writes one of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2017 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
- Performance in JEE (Main) 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2017.
- Age Limit: Candidates must possess the age on or after October 1, 1992. Five years age relaxation will be provided to the SC/ST candidates. These candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
- No of Attempts: The candidates can appear the examination maximum two times in a consecutive years. Those appeared the examination in 2016 are also eligible to apply this year.
- However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2014-15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Must have appeared the 12th class first time with all the subjects either in the year 2016 or 2017. If candidate seeking for the improvement in the year 2017 then he/she has to appear the improvement exam in all the subjects.
- Earlier admission at IITs: A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2016 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2016) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
Check JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria 2017 in details.
JEE Main Cut Off 2017:
The CBSE Board has been released JEE Main cut-off through online mode. The marks to appear in the JEE Advanced exam are clear now. Cut-off marks are different as category-wise. Candidate scored more than given cut off marks will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2017. In the year 2017, total top 2,20000 scorers were eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. Here we have mentioned the actual JEE Main Cut-off 2017:
|Category||Cut-off Marks (Declared)
The seats are reserved as per the rules of Indian government. The reservation for different categories are as follows:
- For SC – 15%
- For ST – 7.5%
- For OBC-NCL – 27%
- For remaining all – 50.5%
- For Person with Disability (PwD) – 3% seats are reserved in each of the categories.
- B.Tech – Bachelor of Technology (4 years)
- B.S. – Bachelor of Science (4 years)
- B.Pharma – Bachelor of Pharmaceutics (4 years)
- B.Arch – Bachelor of Architecture (5 years)
- Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech – Dual Degree Bachelor of Technology and Master of Technology (5 years)
- Dual Degree B.S.-M.S. – Dual Degree Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (5 years)
- Integrated Dual Degree M.Pharma – Integrated Dual Degree Master of Pharmaceutics (5 years)
- Integrated M.Tech – Integrated Master of Technology (5 years)
- Integrated M.Sc. – Integrated Master of Science (5 years)
Click here to download JEE Advanced 2017 Information Brochure
IIT Advanced Exam Pattern
- Papers: JEE Advanced examination comprises of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Attempt: Candidates have to attempt both the papers.
- Duration: The duration of both exams will be three hours.
- Question Type: The question paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions.
- Mode of Language: The medium of the question paper will be Hindi or English.
- Subjects: Both question paper will contain the three separate sections i.e., Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
Candidates may check more details about JEE Advanced exam pattern from here.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2017:
The candidates who want to take admission in the B.Arch programme are required to qualify the AAT examination. Only JEE Advanced 2017 qualifiers will be eligible to appear the test. To take AAT, the candidates have to register themselves online on the official portal of JEE Advanced. It is the single paper of 3 hours duration. Those, secure marks above the cut-off marks will be considered as qualifiers for the AAT. There will no separate rank list be prepared for AAT. Admission will be done through the rank secured by the candidate in JEE Advanced 2017.
IIT JEE Exam Centres:
Last year, the examination was held in many towns and cities of India as well as in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. At the time of filling online application form, the candidates can choose three cities/towns where he/she wants to take the exam. The examination centres are separated into seven IITs zones namely IIT Bombay Zone, IIT Delhi Zone, IIT Guwahati Zone, IIT Kanpur Zone, IIT Kharagpur Zone, IIT Madras Zone and IIT Roorkee Zone.
IIT JEE Syllabus 2017
JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus will be composed of three subjects like Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Candidates wishing to appear in architecture courses offered by IITs, have to appear in AAT exam and they have to study some extra syllabus for this exam. the brief IIT Advanced syllabus is as following:
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness