INTRODUCTION AND SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by several participating State Governments, and several other Institutions shall include the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). For admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in class 12th or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE(Main). The weightage to school Board/Equivalent examination marks shall be considered only after normalization.
The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) –2016 application form online.
The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION
A. Offline examination (Pen and Paper Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.)
|Date Of Examination||Paper||Subject||Timing||Duration|
|03.04.2016||Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||0930–1230 Hours(IST)||3 Hours|
|03.04.2016||Paper 2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning.)||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test– Part III||1400–1700 Hours(IST)||3 Hours|
B. Online examination (Computer Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech.) Only
|Date Of Examination||Paper||Subject||Timing||Duration|
|09/04/2016 (Saturday) &
|Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Physics,
|1st shift 0930–1230 Hours (IST)
2nd shift (*) 1400–1700 Hours (IST)
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPEARING IN JEE (MAIN) – 2016
Date of Birth
|General Candidates||Born on or after October 01, 1991|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD)
candidate Born on or after October 01, 1986
|candidate Born on or after October 01, 1986|
Note- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
YEAR OF APPEARENCE IN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION(QE)
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- The candidates who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
- The candidates willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2016 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board. Further, they may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE (Main) and also in JEE (Advanced).
- The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2015 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2016) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
NUMBER OF SUBJECTS IN THE QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) — 2016. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main) 2016 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main) 2016 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).>
- H.S.C. vocational examination. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs]
In case the relevant QE is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. [Only for Admission to IITs]
For Further Information on JEE (Main), 2016 Visit www.jeemain.nic.in